New Blog!!

New Blog!!
Our Little Family

Thursday, October 18, 2012

CRaYoLa ReHab

So we all know Landon loves to color, it his favorite thing to do and it's the only thing that he will sit there and do for any extended period of time. We also encourage Landon to color, because we like him to express his creativity. But It has become a HUGE problem! as if him coloring every inch of our house wasn't a problem but today he hit top notch, I even think above and beyond that too! So we went over to our sweet neighbors house to work on crafts, and he manged to find their only pen upstairs and got ink all over something important, and then he manged to find the markers that were hid and DREW all over their walls!.I was SOO embarrassed. And as bad as that was, it wasn't the worst part of his little addiction today! 

So we went to the craft store to pick up some things and within a blink of an eye he manged to escape from me, and he went strait to were they had their permanent markers, and he drew all over their floor!!!.. bright red, big circles, all over the place! OH MY FRIGGIN GOODNESS!..HE DID NOT!..I seriously wanted to hide under a rock, or make a run for it!..but of course I did the right thing and got one of the employees, I apologized profusely  and she said it was no big deal, it would clean right up!.Well that was SOOO wrong, they practically had to burn the floor just to get the ink out, no, wait worse!..they basically had to strip the wax off the floor because it was embedded in the wax!..I was mortified and I wanted to cry! I couldn't believe that happened, and of course growing up I was always told "You break it, you buy it." So I had butterflies in my stomach worrying the whole time the manager was going to come up to me and tell me I needed to pay for a new strip and wax job in their craft store!! gahh!!..not what I wanted to spend Christmas money on, that would of been horrible if I had to explain to Wil that for Christmas we were paying a craft store to get their floors redone! Thanks to Yours truly, Lando!..Well needless to say, that didn't happen..I just felt bad when I walked by and saw a little old lady on her hands and knees trying to remove my sons artwork with a can of WD-40!...So from that point on I knew that was IT!..This boy is going to Crayola Rehab!..We have taken all his markers, crayons, and colored pencils away!.. and he is only to use them under EXTREME supervision, if he fails to adhere we have agreed to start putting him in time out for 2 minutes!..Ya I know.. It's practically a slap on the wrist, but he's not even 2 yet! I was not expecting to deal with my 21 month old child doing this stuff!..I thought I had at least 3 more months before I was going to start ripping my hair out! LOL!..oh good times........

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy him while he is young...he'll grow up fast enough and you will wonder where the time has gone and will think back to these days and laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The terrible two's really start around 18 months i've decided! And don't worry about my house! The marker came right off! As for the craft store u have a great story to tell when he is older

    ReplyDelete
  3. ehhhhhhhh holy crap i would've been mortified too girl! when i worked at walmart in the makeup and nail polish section i would see all kinds of spills. and yeah most stores don't really make you pay for something that accidentally spilled or broke, unless it's a fancy shmancy store. so my friend's daughter took a sharpee and wrote her name on the dumpster and my friend's phone number! my friend was able to remove it but seriously these kids are crazy! def a story to remember :)

    ReplyDelete