New Blog!!

New Blog!!
Our Little Family

Saturday, February 18, 2012

~Kimberly Megan Beaute~

Sooo!!..Anyone who truly knows me also knows my forever obsession with Hair, Nails, and Makeup, and of coarse anything of that matter! As a result of that, I want to use this section of my blog for basically those categories..Coming from my own experience and things I have learned! I want to achieve posting tutorials, how-to's, tips, tricks and ideas!..So for starters, since i' am a mommy and a wifey my number one priority is going to be my child and hubby, so i do what i can, but i still got to have my me time!. And I figured out of anything (hair, nails and makeup) the easiest to achieve at the moment is a tutorial on some pretty nails!! And for many reasons this is why?..  You don’t need a mirror, you can be anywhere in your house sitting on the couch, at the kitchen table, floor ECT... you could even be on the road for that matter!. You can also so easily enjoy applying a fresh coat of paint while watching TV. I just think it is so versatile, so that being said my first tutorial is going to be...NAILS!!! yay!!!. So lets begin!


PAinT, PoP, SHATTER!!!!





So this tutorial is was created with Pink Friday from the new Niki Minaj collection by O.P.I and Black Shatter by O.P.I! Many of you may have already experimented with Shatters, and if so that’s okay I want this to benefit those who want something new and exiting, and want to be shown a way to do it!.. But it really doesn’t matter; maybe i can even learn something from an experienced nail polish Guru out there. So anyways back to the tutorial, if u have never bought a Shatter i would highly recommend it!!  They are WAY fun and i highly recommend investing your money and purchasing one, they literally work like a magic trick, it is so amazing!




So first you are going to apply one coat of your O.P.I Pink Friday...Such a GORGEOUS color by the way, it reminds me of bubble gum!.. And then you are going to wait for that to COMPLETLY dry! -Very critical in this step.


 Then!!!!, and this is VERY important as well  or your nail job will completely look like crapola and you will have to start ovaah! ;(( well as mentioned before, WAIT for your polish to fully dry and once dried DO NOT put top coat on. Grab your Black shatter by O.P.I.



Once you have your black shatter, and i would recommend concentrating one nail at time, because if you rush through this process you are going to have some pretty jacked up nails lol and believe me at this point you do not want to start over! Soo focusing on one nail at a time you are going to  to do some heavy strokes covering your entire nail, shatters do not spread on  your nails like normal polish,  they tend to have more of a light coverage, so yeah don’t be shy! and apply evenly for every nail at this time! So after you have covered your entire nail wait as the magic begins and your nail well then... SHATTERS!!!..trust me it's the coolest thing, and it makes you even more exited knowing that you have the rest of your hand to do plus the other side. Follow these instructions and you can’t go wrong you will have AMAZING results!! believe me!. this was done on my first try!! Oh and don’t forget your topcoat, for an extra pop and shine! i used China Glaze fast forward topcoat! !!


 And there you have it!. This is a very basic tutorial on how to apply a shatter, you can get SOOO creative with them, I cant wait to experiment with more, but you can apply your shatter in different directions and areas of your nail and get a unique but completely different effect every time!  they also make different colors of shatters, which makes that pretty fun, you could also paint your nail different colors and on different part of your nail, and then apply a shatter over that for a interesting effect!..Im telling you the inventor of these things was a genius it has made painting your nails all that more fun and  interesting!

TIP: If you are on a budget and want to try shattering your nails without paying the expensive cost of O.P.I, China Glaze makes "Crackle Glaze" which is basically the same thing!
 

2 comments:

  1. hey cute nails girl! i actually don't have any crackle nail polish so i seriously need to get me some. and the OPI nicki minaj collection is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks!!! Oh really yeah you def need to get some!! It takes mail polish to a whole new level!... And the funny thing was I always put off wanting to buy and try one because I simply didn't know what it was! I thought it was just like nail polish with a brush that u could make designs with lol! But def not the case, this stuff is awesome!.. But yeah the colors in her collection are amazing!

    ReplyDelete